Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Got Nothin...

Really, I just felt like writing. After my last post about the political incorrectness in my birthtown that made me laugh so hard, I thought it better to offer no viral effect for this post. If you noticed the comments from that post...random people searching for Obama and finding me...educating me on why West Plains, Missouri, is named what it is. Honestly, I never knew.

I have no idea what I hope to write about this evening, and the only jokes I have swimming in my head are inappropriate. Semi-blue stand-up material that will never be used. Or politically charged finger pointing. Just not in the mood for either.

So. I thought I'd post a song I wrote a few months ago...I've got music, but I haven't married the two yet. It doesn't have a title.

I've got dreams bigger than the whole of me,
From leather gloves to movie screens
The card that moves me shows a decade times three
Yet that ain't me...it just ain't me.


I'm still stuck somewhere closer to 23...
You know, when I felt like I was 18,
When my dreams were bigger than the whole of me.


Sometimes I imagine that I can't see,
And it might be a better me, honestly
No colors to bleed, or lies to lead
Away from the dreams that are bigger than the whole of me.


Come on, let's sing for the boy who can't see
How to wake from the dreams that are bigger than he
So quiet, please be, to understand completely
You must surrender to a perfect someone...someone else's timing.

No comments: