Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Helpful Manipulation

Have you ever wanted to manipulate me?

Don't answer that.

But please...do it.

No doubt, many of you are familiar with IMDB or the professional subscription version, IMDB PRO. The latter is what I use for vast amounts of pertinent information - Business news, development news, learning the fact that Beverly Hills Chihuahua reigned supreme at the Box Office this weekend, as well as on Monday and Tuesday...seriously, folks, I can kind of understand why anyone might vote for either presidential candidate, but really...? 30-plus million over three days for that steaming pile left by CG-FX Chihuahua's? I digress.

I need you all to manipulate me via IMDB by taking your little cursor hand, rubbing my name below and giving it a click.

James Sheldon

Oh wow. That felt nice. Thank you. I had a little kink in my spine, but now I'm slouching over the computer much straighter. I'll be adding some new pictures in the near future, but for the time being I can't get the old one down without paying more.

So. Why do this?

There is a scale system within the professional version of the site that is known as the StarMeter. The star meter is based on page hits. For example, as you can see below, Paul Newman passed away recently, so last week he was #1 on the StarMeter. Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johannson were also way up there because they got hitched, and the news broke. Making sense?

I once peaked at 35,xxx. Considering the millions of people in the database, that's almost satisfying as an "undiscovered." So, why manipulate it? I'm about to start submitting for agency and management meetings, because I've recently parted ways with my representation, and I'm on the hunt for some new people. Those people will undoubtedly look to see where I'm floating on the StarMeter - dumbest, most illogical thing ever, but such is the business. We all understand this because Beverly Hills Chihuahua was #1 at the Box Office.

And I won't hate you for sending the link to friends, or checking it out daily for the next month or so...even multiple times daily. To repay you, I promise that anything you ever see me in, I won't suck. If you didn't see my tour de force in LARVA, it can be rented at Blockbuster. Though most of my scenes were cut before we shot them, I still open the sucker and die while making out in the backseat of a car. Cool, huh?

No comments: