Friday, August 31, 2007

We're Live!!!! (And a Quick Update)

Football.com is live, and probably full of glitches...but it's live! I know you can begin crushing some commentators because I did it earlier today after signing up for a user account. You can find my gem under Lou Holtz in the ESPN/ABC section. You can check out my analyst bio. if you click on "see all football.com exclusive writers," below my squashed mug on the home page (like I said, glitches). Then proceed to click on my name, and you'll see some personal offerings.

Anyway, I've got a lot of archival stuff on the site already as we've been building like mad for the last month, and the homepage needs to pop up some of the new stuff; however, if you get a chance, find the list of exclusives and check out my article I've been adding to on a daily basis known as JaMarcus Russell's Daily Log. I'm pretty proud, and will continue to update it as long as he holds out. I could be a very old man still writing about it at this rate.

So:
Football.com is ready for you to take a looksee. The next couple of months will be a continued growth cycle, and I'm planning on creating a petition that I will present to several United States Congressmen/women to make Super Bowl Sunday an official American holiday. Keep that hush-hush for now, but soon enough, we'll open the flood gates, yeah?

On the personal front, the kids are back in school, I'm rehearsing for an indie that has been pushed to October, and of course, Kristi's working hard. I'm really looking forward to more opportunities that we'll have in the upcoming weeks, months and years to help our community through our local church congregation and the arrival of a new minister originally from Australia, George Little.

The softball team I was playing on...well...we did everything in our power to shock the league after limping through the season (pun intended), falling 5 runs short of winning the championship. Next season, we'll be one of the teams to beat.

I did get to enjoy some wonderful, yet all-too-short time in Louisiana recently, and regardless of the circumstance, it was great to see family. I'm now down to one grandparent. It's a haunting reminder of how fast it flies.

So, how 'bout those LSU Tigers? Gon' be a fun season! Geaux Tigers! Geaux Saints! Go away, now, everybody...I'm ready for lunch...or better yet, come join me! Peanut butter and jelly is calling my name.

No comments: