Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tony LaDoucha

I'm seein' Red. Cardinal red. And felt it to be an appropriate day to wear it. No, I'm not really seeing red, but apparently when you wear a red t-shirt with khaki shorts and shop at Target, people automatically assume that you work there...never mind the fact that I'm on a cell phone talking to my brother - no, no, I'm the only Target greeter who is allowed to let my celly blow up while making my hourly wage. And truth be told, I do have the look of a Target employee. Which reminds me, I was a target employee once for a few minutes, and I'll save that story for another time.

So, as I said, I was chatting with my younger and more knowledgeable brother on the topic of the 2007 All-Star game. Yes, I was in San Francisco and kept waiting and waiting for someone from the organization I was working for to offer me a ticket - no dice. Instead, I watched the game from the airport, enjoying chicken fingers, french fries and Guinness. As the game wore on so did my patience.

The only player I voted for, Albert Pujols, was ridin' the pine for the duration of the game, and it was the choice of none other than his own skipper, Tony LaRussa - aka Tony LaDoucha. (I always joked about his nickname until the pre-season incident in Florida; if you don't know what I speak of, just check out this gem.) Last night Tony resembled a french, feminine deodorant product more than ever. Down 3, 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth...Soriano blasts a two-run shot to the opposite field to bring the NL within 1. The American league closers then proceed to walk the bases loaded. Does LaRussa choose to pinch hit Pujols... ...nope. His reasoning is that he wanted to save him for extra-innings (typical LaDoucha over-management). I say, something smells foul in the NL dugout...it smells like Vinegar and Water. Yes, it was a Summer's Eve and LaDoucha was in true form. Instead of dropping a hammer with Pujols - who just happens to be hitting .364 in career all-star games - he opts to let him finish the game just where he started...on the bench.

Tony, bro, seriously... ...seriously? Just like Massengill, I believe you to be of the disposable variety. The Cardinals have grossly underachieved with you at the helm and should have multiple World Series Championships. And no I'm not talkin' 'bout this year's injuries, etc. All Cardinal fans know what I'm talking about! If you disagree, the lines are open, let's debate! And just to bring one more clap of thunder: I told you so...about the Danny Haren, Mark Mulder trade.

Just think, Tony, you could have played Pujols, and even had he grounded into a 6-4 fielder's choice to end the game, we'd all be happy. Regardless, LaRussa, you better bring the thunder in the second half of the season!

2 comments:

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I too worked at Target for about a minute, decided I was too good to actually WORK there and opted to remain an ever loyal shopper. I can't believe people think that...i was wearing a freaking SINFUL shirt in there with my khaki pants and someone stopped me, "excuse me, Miss, can you show me where to find..." and I was all like, "oh no you di-uhnt" and they were all, "oh sorry you don't work here?" Uh....no

Sheldon said...

Yep. You've motivated me to blog about TAR ZHAY