Friday, July 13, 2007

Ch ch ch...ah ah ah - It's Friday the 13th

I was about to get some work done, but quickly glanced at the Calendar to see that it is my favorite combination of day and date. This entry will definitely be a "Did you know..." section about me, because it's doubtful that anyone is familiar with my pre-teen dark side. There was a time...

In about 5th grade I became obsessed with horror flics. Jason Voorhees was a particular favorite, and Friday The 13th was my brand of humor. The traditional story of good vs. evil with the twist of a hockey mask wearing, machete toting mo-fo, who could run through any defense like Jim Brown in his prime. As a kid, you could only dream of that kind of power. But the true pleasure I took in viewing these flics had to do with the ultimate battle - How they would "kill" Jason, or at least stop him until the next installment.

I used to write additional sequels in the Friday The 13th series, focusing on the 13th installment which I was of the opinion should be the last. My summer after 5th grade, I would make my brother John, and our neighbors Scott and Todd Workman help in the development and pre-production activities of Friday The 13th Part 13, including intense rehearsals with a glow-in-the-dark hockey mask that represented our star. Eventually, we laid Jason to rest by dismembering his body and disposing of the limbs at various locales world-wide...because seriously, why hadn't they thought of that before????

As 6th grade rolled around I had the opportunity to get a little more original with my horrific offerings. We wrote stories that year that were ultimately turned into books. We had the option of illustrating our written word, and there was no doubt as to the direction that I was going. (In 4th grade I had written the incredibly popular "Attack Of The Mechanical Doberman," which was bound and independently published under our class company, "Paper Capers." I still have the original copy.) As an 11 year old, 6th grade student (or Grade 6 student for any Canadians), I launched into my greatest work to date, "Death Camp-out."

Two young men on a camp-out and a madman roaming the woods. It took place on the fictionalized Diamond River, and I'd pay to find the copy of this gem. More so I'd love to see the pictures I drew to accompany what my parents referred to as, "One of the most disturbing things they ever had to deal with." (A quick disclaimer...I was very sneaky with all of these horror movies and stories...no way would my parents let me watch that crap.) My mom immediately considered therapy, thinking she had possibly popped out a young serial criminal. My teacher enjoyed my story, clearly realizing that the heroes were based on myself and a friend, and she was able to alleviate any parental fears...chalking it up to my fearless imagination.

So, don your flannel or your coveralls, and bust out your machete when you head to Harry Potter tonight! It's Friday The 13th............ch ch ch ah ah ah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://tuvijudas.o-f.com/xujyryb.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]