Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Evidence...

Just a quick note: I mentioned there would be some Thanksgiving news to come. Here's the Thanksgiving Olds. We went to Missouri. It was Missourific...I wanted to share a few screen captures from the film I've been working on - Wid Winner and The Slipstream. Alex Gaynor, the writer and director, will also be editing this beast and as he's importing the footage into the editing program, he grabbed a few images to boost the morale of we whiny actors.

(I remember doing this with Nick Coleman when we pushed into post-production for The Suburban Seven...the longer the film, the longer the process. We had something like 18 hours of footage, and as nice as it would be to "set it and forget it," like Ron Popeil suggests, you just can't do it. Oh, and no, it isn't 1:1...depending on how you're doing it, it can take several minutes for each minute you have, which ultimately amounts to several hours. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most excruciating part of the filmmaking process.)

Anyway, he may kill me for sharing, but I thought it'd be fun for my 3 readers to see a few images while they're raw, with no color correction and not yet in their final aspect ratio. It'll allow a glance into the process, long before the magic. Obviously the image quality won't offer much of an accurate representation as to how rich things will look, but it'll offer a hint.

This is the fella I'm attempting to breathe life into. So, here he is looking pretty pathetic...or...me looking normal. I love the blanket - nice touch.


Rollin' in a sweet Oldsmobile Station Wagon, affectionately known in the story as "The Wagon Brown." That's Alex Wright (Kenneth) in the driver's seat.


Kenneth (Alex Wright) giving Wid a little proper life knowledge.


Erin O'Reilly as Lucy. Struggling with her coffee maker in Chris Tonkovich's gorgeous light.


Nothing like a rainy day in a cemetery.

Check ya later.

1 comment:

SIS said...

Can't wait to see this film in action...I know it'll be AWESOME!!